This post is part of a larger Plan Sponsor’s Guide to 401(k) and 403(b) plans. Read the full guide.
Plan sponsor/Service provider
- Initial disclosure: Required within a reasonable period before the contract is entered into or renewed.
- Annual disclosure: Required following changes in investment fees (e.g., expense ratios) and recordkeeping fees.
- Additional disclosure: Required following changes to compensation or services provided no later than 60 days from the date the changes are approved.
- Initial disclosure: Required on or before the date when participants can first direct investments.
- Annual disclosure: Required to be updated and distributed at least annually.
- Additional disclosures: Required at least 30 days, but no more than 90 days, prior to plan-related changes.
If you have questions about your employee benefit plan, please call Jay Kessler.