John Czyzewski, co-managing shareholder, and Norman Posner, shareholder at Samet & Company PC recently attended TIAG’s 31st international conference in Hong Kong. The conference, which took place on October 20 through 22nd, provided TIAG® members with the opportunity to strengthen the relationships they create within the alliance of more than 115 accounting firms from around the world.
“This was the best TIAG conference that I have attended. The sessions were very timely and the instructors were well prepared” says Norman Posner of the experience.
In addition to various networking opportunities and group breakout sessions, TIAG members attended a variety of informative and educational sessions aimed at firm and practice development. Also in attendance at the conference were members of TIAG’s affiliate alliances, TAGLaw® and TAG-SP™. All three alliances are collectively known as the TAG Alliances™. Sessions and speakers at the conference included:
- “China and International Trade: What’s Ahead” Victor Chu, Chairman, First Eastern Investment Group
- “Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands®: A Guide to Understanding Cultural Differences Around the World” Terri Morrison, Best-Selling Author of Kiss, Bow or Shake Hands®
- “Navigating the Brave New World of Equity Capital Formation: ‘Hot Issues’ Worldwide IPO markets; Crowdfunding; Microlending; ‘Simplified’ Public Offerings” Moderator: Peter Sugar; Jaffe, Raitt, Heuer & Weiss, P.C. (Michigan, USA – TAGLaw)
- “Doing Business in Asia: Spotlight on the Philippines” Edgardo Balois; Siguion Reyna, Montecillo & Ongsiako Law Offices (Philippines – TAGLaw)
- “Can Professional Service Firms Survive in the 21st Century?” Howard Wilkinson, TIAG Advisory Board Member and Former Senior Partner of Mercer & Hole (London, England – TIAG)
- “What You Need to Know: Taxation Issues in China” Russell Brown, Lehman Brown (Beijing & Shanghai, China – TIAG) and Peter Chen, Zhong Lun Law Firm (Shanghai, China – TAGLaw)
For more information about how Samet’s TIAG relationships can help your business, please contact our TIAG Contact, Norman at email@example.com or 617-731-1222.
About TIAG and The TAG Alliances
The TAG Alliances comprise three groups: TIAG (The International Accounting Group), TAGLaw and TAG-SP. TIAG is an international alliance of high quality, independent accounting firms. TAGLaw is a similar alliance of independent law firms, and TAG-SP is a complementary association of strategic business partners. Collectively, the TAG Alliances provide accounting, legal, financial and business support services on a worldwide scale. With approximately 15,500 professionals in 260 member firms, and 530 offices in over 90 countries, The TAG Alliances serve tens of thousands of clients from all industry and commercial sectors.
For more information about TIAG, visit www.TIAGnet.com.
For more information about the TAG Alliances, visit www.TAGAlliances.com.